Version: 7 Revision: 30/06/2017 Previous revision: 23/06/2017 Date of printing: 23/10/2018
RELEVANT IDENTIFIED USES AND USES ADVISED AGAINST: Intended uses (main technical functions): Paint.
Sectors of use: Consumer uses (SU21).
Uses advised against: [_] Industrial [X] Professional [X] Consumers
This product is not recommended for any use or sector of use (industrial, professional or consume) other than those previously listed as 'Intended or identified uses'.
2.1 CLASSIFICATION OF THE SUBSTANCE OR MIXTURE:
DANGER: Flam. Aerosol 1:H222+H229 | Skin Irrit. 2:H315 | Eye Irrit. 2:H319 | STOT SE (narcosis) 3:H336 | STOT RE 2:H373i | EUH066
Classification of the mixture
Flam. Aerosol 1:H222+H229 Skin Irrit. 2:H315
Eye Irrit. 2:H319
STOT SE (narcosis) 3:H336 STOT RE 2:H373i
Routes of exposure
Skin Eyes Inhalation Inhalation Skin
Skin Eyes CNS Systemic Skin
Full text of hazard statements mentioned is indicated in section 16.
Note: When in section 3 a range of percentages is used, the health and environmental hazards describe the effects of the highest concentration of each component, but below the maximum value.
This product is labelled with the signal word DANGER in accordance with Regulation (EU) No. 1272/2008~1221/2015 (CLP)
- H222 Extremely flammable aerosol.
- H229 Pressurised container: may burst if heated.
- H373i May cause damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure if inhaled. H319 Causes serious eye irritation.
- H315 Causes skin irritation.
- H336 May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- P101 If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- P102 Keep out of reach of children.
- P103 Read label before use.
- P210 Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P211 Do not spray on an open flame or other ignition source.
- P251 Do not pierce or burn, even after use.
- P271-P260d Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Do not breathe spray.
- P410+P412 Protect from sunlight. Do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50oC/122oF.
- P501a Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local regulations.
EUH208 Contains polyhydroxyalkylamides, 2-butanone-oxime. May produce an allergic reaction. Substances that contribute to classification:
Xylene (mixture of isomers)
Hazards which do not result in classification but which may contribute to the overall hazards of the mixture: Otherphysicochemicalhazards: Vapoursmayformwithairamixturepotentiallyflammableorexplosive. Otheradversehumanhealtheffects: Nootherrelevantadverseeffectsareknown.
Other negative environmental effects: Does not contain substances that fulfil the PBT/vPvB criteria.
SECTION 3 : COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
3.1 SUBSTANCES: Not applicable (mixture).
3.2 MIXTURES: This product is a mixture. Chemical description: Aerosol.
HAZARDOUS INGREDIENTS: Substances taking part in a percentage higher than the exemption limit:
- 15 < 20 % Butane
- 15 < 20 % Xylene (mixture of isomers)
- 15 < 20 % Ethyl acetate
- 5 < 10 % Propane
- 5 < 10 % Isobutane
- 1 < 2 % Ethylbenzene
- 1 < 2 % n-butyl acetate
- < 0,15 % Polyhydroxyalkylamides
- < 0,15 % 2-butanone-oxime
SECTION 4 : FIRST AID MEASURES
DESCRIPTION OF FIRST-AID MEASURES:
Symptoms may occur after exposure, so that in case of direct exposure to the product, when in doubt, or when symptoms persist, seek medical attention. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Lifeguards should pay attention to self-protection and use the recommended protective equipment if there is a possibility of exposure. Wear protective gloves when administering first aid.
Inhalation of solvent vapours may produce headache, dizziness, fatigue, muscular weakness, drowsiness and, in extreme cases, unconsciousness.
Remove the patient out of the contaminated area into the fresh air. If breathing is irregular or stops, administer artificial respiration. If the person is unconscious, place in appropriate recovery position. Keep the patient warm and at rest until medical attention arrives.
Skin contact causes redness. Prolonged contact may cause skin dryness.
Remove immediately contaminated clothing. Wash thoroughly the affected area with plenty of cold or lukewarm water and neutral soap, or use a suitable skin cleanser. Do not use solvents or thinners.
Contact with the eyes produces redness and pain.
Remove contact lenses. Rinse eyes copiously by irrigation with plenty of clean, fresh water for at least 15 minutes, holding the eyelids apart, until the irritation is reduced. Call a physician immediately.
If swallowed, may cause irritation of the throat, abdominal pain, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
If swallowed, seek immediate medical attention. Do not induce vomiting. Keep the patient at rest.