heya stencil citizens,
So the deadline for submissions looms, and I just went through my personal photo archive. Many sections of my book are overflowing with great photos. Many thanks to those of you who sent me some great photographs. I hope to get as many of them in the book as possible.
Many of the categories I sent the call out for are full. I've also come up dry on a few topics that I want to include in the book.
Maybe you all can help out.
What I still need:
1. photos of people in a class learning/doing stencil art, teachers teaching stencil art, etc.
2. photos of stencils on gallery walls
3. beginner photos (no one has stepped up to represent the newbies)
4. Top 5 How To tips (short and concise) to make a great stencil
5. Any historical photos from before 1990 (have a few artists representing, but nothing from the late 1970s protest movements that used stencils)
6. Photos from Oaxaca, Mexico
If you have any photos, or a Top 5 How To, please send it over as soon as you can.
contact me at stencilnationbook[at]stencilarchive[dot]org for uploading instructions. Please only submit no more than two images per category.
Thanks to everyone who's tried to plow through the long call I sent out a while back!