Have to post this image: Stencil Nation's homage to John Fekner (the cut-out for this stencil was made by him... hand-cut letters... and dated 1978!) The cut-out will be part of the June 6 Stencil Nation book release and stencil exhibit show. Thanks John.
Many new and updated Archives this round:
- Adam5100 had a show go up in Oakland yesterday
- Romanowski had a show go up a few weeks ago at Upper Playground
- serf gets a new Archive in the USA Artists Archive
- gurldogg in Seattle gets a new Archive
- Dri in Brazil sent a few stencils
- a1one in Tehran gets an Archive update
- Scott Wiliams gets two more stencil journals posted in his Archive (1, 2)
- Eclaricuda keeps cutting the pieces!
- So does x-sacto
- and MO-PI in France
- Pete in Oakland updates his dusty Archive
- B. Rex was kind enough to give me his photos from Oaxaca and Chiapas to post
- Chris keeps posting stencil pics on his blog for me to pull and post
- A small batch from Northern California (with a DPW stencil truck!)
- Clarion Alley
- Valencia St.
- The Mission
- Tenderloin and Civic Center (love the gentrification one)
- Random SF locales (Bayshore for the Fekner piece)
- One from the Financial District
This update brought to you by Harvey Rabbit (thanks for the burrito) and Mark at KCDC (NPR nods to Brad Mehldau and Ali Farka Toure)