Pushing 10K pics! How about that? Just in time to start promoting Stencil Nation, which goes to press this week. How about that? Ah, April goodness. Tonight's uploads supported by classical Persian music (go Iran!), Secret Chiefs 3, and my roomies' nice offering of food just at the right moment.
Stencil Archive News
Happy Spring. Happy Monday.
Not so happy in other parts of the world. Sudan, Palestine, Tibet, Iraq are a few places that are currently home to oppression and suffering. Many stencils in today's upload reflect opinions about war.
Artists old and new sent fresh submissions:
Random USA uploads:
Many San Francisco uploads:
- Protest Stencils
- Stencil Posters (anti-war)
- Clarion Alley
- Polk St.
- The Mission (anti-war)
- Valencia St. (anti-war)
- Other Locations (protest)
- Peat's Collab-O-Mask show at Club Six
8900 Stencils and Growing! Thanks for dropping off your works.
Got a steady stream of submissions over the past few weeks... THANKS! From Hawaii to France to Australia, Stencil Nation represents....
- Here's another amazing Pattern Journal from SF's own Scott Williams
- FZA dropped off some pieces from Sydney, AU
- Koleszar submitted some great CMYK butterfly stencils
- KNorton sent some pieces from over in Hawaii
- Just uploaded ALL the photos I took in Georgia late last year
- Swoon finally gets a much respected Archive
- Singles from BRYN, a crew in Uruguay, Romanowski, France, and Italy
Just hit 8800 with this batch. Yeee haw (sorry, listening to bluegrass on the net radio)....
At long last, all the San Francisco backlog is now online. New archives have been created. The Strangers and Claire posed major issues for my current organizational skills, but I think I have weeded out most of the loose ends and duplicate photos. Since I photograph stencils at a higher resolution, I decided to make low resolution versions of all the files. This created quicker upload times, and allowed me to do all of this in one day.
Still have backlog for other archives, but nothing as out of control as my San Francisco pile was.
8600+ photos and counting, so start clicking!
- Clarion Alley Mural Project (CAMP) gets a new archive
- Civic Center and the Tenderloin finally get a new archive too
- Here are all the Valencia St. goodies
- Mission District represents
- Haight and Divisadero streets got an updated archive
- Castro District is updated too
- The Poster Archive has new ones
- Think I finally have all of Claire's stencils in one place
- Added three more to The Strangers archive (still wish I knew the order)
- the Sunset Richmond Dists. archive got bigger
- so did the SoMa and Financial Dists. archive
I went through the SF archives and moved items around, deleted a few duplicates, etc. So if you're missing your favorite stencil pic, it may be somewhere else. Search for it if you can remember the filename.
No matter how you look at it, this small update took Stencil Archive over the 8400 mark!
Waiting on a friend to go funk dancing, so thought I'd drop a nice Saturday bomb at ya......
- Satire from Denver gets a new archive (and a medal for getting up inside a Starbucks)
- Just put every last image I have for Scott Williams into his archive (including a complete Pattern Journal)
- Still throwing up the difusor pics from Maya WorldofStencils
click click click!
Just in time for a full lunar eclipse here in SF...... new pic treats for peeps on the moon:
- A1one in Iran dropped some new photos off
- The final batch of pics from Jerusalem, including stencils in the Old City
- Here's another batch from last year's Difusor festival
- Tiago updated his archive this month
- Five from North California and a single from LA (Chaz via the Bomb It website)
- More Krog Tunnel stencil works in Atlanta, GA
- Some more posts from New York City
- 7 more from Asheville, NC
- More from Charleston, SC
8242 images and counting...........
I just went through the San Francisco Poster and Valencia St. archives and keyworded/renamed all the images I could find that show stencils from the (de)Appropriation Project's wall. A simple search in the Stencil Archives for "dap" or "deappropriation project" or "art wall" will give you over 50 images I have taken of the dap wall near 24th st. All future additions to this site will have these keywords as well.
On top of submitting jpg images for the Archives, the new version of Stencil Archive can now accept the following content: